Frequently Asked Questions
Image processing after scanning
Raster images obtained after scanning of paper originals (as well as through another way, photography, for example) need processing and correcting.
- If an image is rotated, you align it horizontal with Rotate. The following commands are used to eliminate and correct some errors of scanning paper originals.
- Media is often skewed during scanning (especially on large scanners), so the resulting image is skewed; use Deskew to deskew an image in range of 5 degrees.
- Scanning brings some low-sized (some pixels) objects; they are called raster speckle and can be removed with Speckle Remover.
- "Holes" in raster lines are removed with Hole Remover. Raster line integrality and absence of pixels influence the quality of object recognition.
- Mechanical drawing have an inner frame where the drawing and tittle block are located. To enlarge the image and therefore speed up work apply Crop by Frame and Auto Crop by Frame.